THE MANUFACTURING PROCESS
The BioPlates are made from naturally shed palm sheaths of the Areca Palm (Betel Nut Palm) in Southern India. The collected sheaths are thoroughly pressure cleaned and prepared to be mechanically pressed in a heated mould. Once pressed, the final trimming process gives a clean finish to the products.
*Palm plantation in Southern India
The final product is a hygienic, oil and water resistant plate, up to 220ºC heat resistant, which makes it safe for use in ovens and microwaves. Other advantages include:
- Lightweight and strong, usable with cutlery
- Food flavours not affected by the material of the plates
- The plates are durable enough to withstand all types of food which includes dishes with high oil or moisture content, eg. curries etc.
- Each plate is unique. The natural texture of the palm sheaths gives the plates an elegant, natural and ‘eco’ appearance.
Ideal for all catering occasions:
- Parties or events
- BBQs & other outdoor functions
These BioPlates are a fantastic environmentally conscious packaging alternative. They are of course 100% biodegradable and compostable, meaning you can use them to mulch your garden, or dispose of them in your green waste or home compost.